ALPHA OM-350 is a lead-free, no-clean solder paste suitable for fine feature printing and reflow using most demanding soak reflow profiles in air and nitrogen atmospheres.
The outstanding reflow process window of ALPHA OM-350 delivers good soldering on OSP-Cu, Immersion Ag, Immersion Sn, ENIG and Lead-Free HASL surface finishes.
ALPHA OM-350’s compliance with ROL0 IPC and IPC Class III voiding classifications ensures maximum long-term product reliability.
Compliance to environmental standards, including RoHS allows global application of ALPHA OM-350.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
● Excellent Pin-in-Paste (Paste-in-Hole) Performance: demonstrated both for printing, dispensing (or pin transfer) SMT applications.
● Long Stencil Life: consistent performance for at least 6 hours of continuous printing without addition of new paste. 24 hour SMT production ability achieved from 20oC up to 32oC (68oF - 90oF) harsh environments.
● Stable Paste Viscosity: allows wide storage and handling window at temperatures up to 30oC for 21 days, and up to 25°C for one month.
● High Tack Force: ensures high pick-and-place yields, good self-alignment and a low tomb-stoning defect rate.
● Wide Reflow Profile Window: allows best quality solderability of complicated, high-density PWB assemblies in both air and nitrogen reflow, using straight ramp or soak profiles up to 200°C.
● Robust Solderability: proven to handle difficult wetting requirements of critical lead-free components, such as CSP and QFN…etc. on a variety of lead-free board finishes, OSP-Cu, Immersion Ag, Immersion Sn, ENIG & LF HASL.
● Reduced Random Solder Ball Levels: minimizes rework and increases first time yield.
● Voiding Performance: meets highest IPC classification of Class III for important ball grid array components.
● Excellent Solder Joint and Flux Residue Cosmetics: after reflow soldering even using long/high thermal soaking without charring or burning.
● First-rate Reliability Properties: excess variety of industry and customer standards, halide free material graded ROL0 according to IPC classification.
● Safe and Environmentally Friendly: materials comply with RoHS requirement, as well as TOSCA & EINECS. No toxic material used in the paste.
Alloys: SAC305 (96.5%Sn 3.0%Ag 0.5%Cu)
SACX 0307 (99% Sn 0.3% Ag 0.7% Cu)
Also available in other Sn-Ag-Cu alloys upon request
Powder Size: Type 3 (25 - 45 μm per IPC J-STD-005)
Type 4 (20 - 38 μm per IPC J-STD-005)
Type 5 (<25 μm per IPC J-STD-005)
Residue: Approximately 5% by weight
Packaging Sizes: 500 gram jars (standard package), 500/1000g cartridges also available.
RECOMMENDED APPLICATION SETTINGS
The following are the general guidelines for initial SMT process set-up using well maintained equipment and properly handled materials. Some deviations from the guidelines may occur for specific combinations of PWB assemblies and SMT equipment.
A. PRINTING Parameter
Pad/wall area ratio >0.55 to achieve consistently good paste deposits.
Laser cut or Electroform stencils.
References minimum circle sizes for various stencil thickness:
330μm (~13 mil) circle w/ 0.15mm (6 mil) stencil
280μm (~11 mil) circle w/ 0.12mm (5 mil) stencil
225μm (9 mil) circle w / 0.10mm (4 mil) stencil
Down Stop (MPM printer only)
1.9 to 2.2 mm (0.07 – 0.09 in.)
MPM specific setting.
0.15 – 0.40kg/cm
(0.84 – 2.2 lb/in)
Pressure to be optimized for specific assembly
25 - 100 mm/second
(1 – 4 in/second)
50 mm/second - 2 in/ second preferred
1 - 20 mm/second
(0.04 – 0.8 in/second)
Slow release is recommended (separation speed should be set up under microscope inspection of deposit)
Squeegee Lift & Dwell Height
10 - 15 mm (0.4 – 0.6 in) recommended
Please refer to the details below
20oC – 32 oC
(68oF – 90oF)
Paste Volume to Add
Paste volume should be kept just below the squeegee assembly clearance
Minimize paste sticking to the squeegee holder which increases maintenance and degrades the paste